Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pour Some Sugar on Me



Are you heading to any of the Grandstand shows this year? I'm not, unfortunately, but if I had the money I'd be there for the Def Leppard and Heart show on August 26. If you think about it (and do some selective mental editing) Def Leppard is the PERFECT Fair soundtrack accompaniment. Think about it:

"Take a bottle, shake it up.... pour some sugar on me... c'mon, fire me up,  oh I can't get enough..."

I mean, really, they're talking about mini-donuts, right?

And:

"I'm hot, sticky sweet, from my head to my feet...."

Well, we've all been there. It can get HOT at the fair, and part of the fun is the inevitable coating of grease, sugar, salt, and sweat.

And:

"You've got the peaches, I've got the cream, sweet to taste, saccharine."

Good sharing of the fair food, guys.

Tickets for Def Leppard and Heart are still on sale, but going fast. (The perfect gift for, say, anyone celebrating the big 3-3 in the near future...) The rest of the 2011 Grandstand lineup, along with ticket information, can be found on the Minnesota State Fair's website.

Photo courtesy Minnesota State Fair

1 comment: